Thursday, February 19, 2009

Absence makes the heart grow fonder....

Or the taste buds, whatever the case may be.  Today I found strawberries at the grocery store that looked really good.  They hardly ever sell strawberries here, and the one other time I found them some were moldy and the rest were a little mushy.  And, they're expensive.  Right around $9.00 U.S. dollars for a pound.  But, I LOVE strawberries.  So we've just had to learn to go without.  But today, well, it was very exciting to find strawberries that looked good.  I threw caution to the wind and bought the expensive strawberries, and came home and had two for breakfast, and lo and behold, they WERE good.  Really really really good.  I'm not sure if it's because they were THAT good, or because I haven't had a strawberry in almost a year.  It may be true what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder....

No comments: