Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hilton Head

We had a grand time in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina for the week. Adrian and I spent some much needed time alone together and I spent some much needed time alone while he was in meetings. I got my hair done, did a little shopping and picked up a few things for Halloween and Christmas and kids birthdays next April and May. We had a really nice room at the Grand Ocean Marriott Timeshare Hotel. I was able to work out and shower without coordinating around naps, etc. We walked and rode bikes on the beach, had some nice dinners out, and completely relaxed. We saw dolphins, alligators, beautiful sunsets, and enjoyed some cool weather.

Since we’ve never done this before, I didn’t know how great it can be to get away. But now that I know, my unsolicited advice is this, if you can do it, plan a small trip away without kids every so often. It can do wonders for your spirit. You’ll realize that there are things you would like to think about that you haven’t had time to think about, with all the thoughts of diapers, carpools, homework, meals, cleaning, laundry, etc. taking up all the space in your brain.


















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks absolutely breathe taking. Taking time out for and your hubby brings your spirit and joy back. It is good to take some time. So happy for you guys that everything is going well. Love your hair by the way. Have a great weekend.
Shannon H.

Burt Family said...

Glad to see you and Adrian got to enjoy the week away. I will gladly come watch the kids for you any time you want to go again :)

Janene said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a great time. I'm looking forward to the time when I can not have all those things on my mind (diapers, school, laundry, etc.)...Thanks for the encouragement to do it sooner than later!

Ps...I can't believe you were in Dallas and didn't say anything! :) But, I'm glad you had fun with Lexi!