Saturday, August 30, 2008

A portrait of Beth today

Here is a portrait of me today, walking the mile to our home with 7 bags of groceries (including milk and frozen chicken- heavy) and a 30-something pound baby on my shoulders.  The other two kids are not included in the portrait because they were behind me quite a ways, crying "Daddy, Daddy, come help us..." but it was to no avail, he was busy at work, the other people who could help were in a meeting at the church at the time, and I wanted to get home as quickly as possible to get out of the heat and the wet clothes from the swamp we had to walk through.  I'm just thankful I don't live in a place where this is part of every day life for the woman.  

To find out why we were having this little adventure today, see previous post.

1 comment:

The Fantastic 5 said...

Wow girl! Your tan is so much darker than when I left!!! Hope you are doing well :)